We are a growing, privately owned company that provides Event IT Services in over 70 countries worldwide with more than 20 unique clients. We offer a great compensation plan, full benefits, company provided laptop and cell phone allowance. You would be part of a dynamic environment providing “base-camp” accounting and benefits support to teams who are focused on excellence in short-term projects completed off-site.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Finance Director, you will assist, and at times assume any aspects of, the accounting function. The company’s team members are our secondary “customers” and we strive to be experts in a set of processes that affect their projects’ billing and procurement as well as their pay and benefits. You are comfortable with a range of software systems and using them to complete cyclical accounting tasks efficiently. You are ethical, dependable, helpful, and resourceful. You are able to reprioritize as necessary to respond to teams in the field or accounting priorities without losing a beat.
The job of the Accounting Specialist is to assist the Finance Director in supporting the team. This includes:
- General accounting: AP, AR, invoicing, expense review and employee reimbursement processes. Reconciliation of employee credit card expenses. Vendor setup and terms negotiations.
- Systems setup of new customers and projects on an as-needed basis.
- Syncing of accounting-related systems, including data review of errors, account reconciliations generating reports and ensuring effective communication to those involved in each.
- Data import/export from Quickbooks and manipulating data in Excel, clear written communication.
- Work under direction but without direct supervision, able to complete weekly set of tasks.
- Enjoy working as an expert on your main tasks/systems, able to support others as part of a team.
- Accomplish tasks in a timely and consistent manner, take on other duties as needed.
- Maintenance of confidential information, attention to detail in work, strong organization skills.
- Adaptability for as-needed coverage of other tasks supporting payroll, benefits administration, financial reporting, tax and business license filing, etc.
Specific skills required include:
- Experience as a bookkeeper, accountant, or purchaser, including WA tax filings, with 3+ years of demonstrated progress in the accounting area. Accounting degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to use and configure systems including but not limited to QuickBooks, spreadsheet-based documents hosted on Sharepoint and elsewhere, electronic banking interfaces, time and expense reporting systems, Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent time management. English skills necessary to respond in a professional manner to all business correspondence. Willingness to take on new duties as needed. Ability to perform accounting function on time, in an often fast-paced and changing environment.
- Working in a team environment 20%, on concentrated tasks 80%, refocus easily as move through set of tasks. Main tasks deal with expense reports, invoices, billing, benefits administration, reconciliation of accounts, credits/debits, and electronic banking changes.
- Be well-organized, flexible, proactive, and pay attention to detail. Enjoy solving problems.
- Exert up to 20lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10lbs. of force frequently. Light work usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.